Fullerton College works with local high schools to help transition students to Fullerton College. High school students can take advantage of dual enrollment and special admit programs to start earning college credit while still in high school. Other partnerships such as the Anaheim Pledge and Fullerton Partnership (pending approval) can provide graduates of AUHSD and FJUHSD with up to one-year of tuition assistance during their freshman year at Fullerton College.

Anaheim Pledge

The Anaheim Union Educational Pledge (a.k.a. Anaheim Pledge) is a collective designed to transform the lives of students through education and economic advancement. All Anaheim Union High School District (AUSHD) seniors are eligible for one-year of free tuition to attend their freshman year at Fullerton College.


  • Dual enrollment classes to earn college credit
  • Parent and student workshops that focus on how to get into college: the admission process and securing financial aid
  • Collaboration of Anaheim Pledge partners to provide summer internships for high school juniors through Anaheim’s Innovative Mentoring Experience (AIME)
  • Pledge signing events for high school seniors to commit to Fullerton College


To become “active” Pledge students at Fullerton College and to receive the financial benefits, students must:

  • Maintain full-time enrollment of 12 units per semester, unless advised otherwise by counselor.
  • Complete FAFSA or DREAM application
  • Enroll in math and English courses as designated by Student Education Plan during first year.
  • Maintain a 2.0 GPA and complete at least 67% of the courses attempted each semester.
  • Participate in at least two activities per term (Fall, Spring) that support educational goals, such as: student success activities, student support services, and events offered by the Pledge.
  • Abide by the attendance requirement of the college and its instructors, understanding that there are consequences for absences and tardiness.
  • Accept responsibility for all learning activities and complete course requirements.
  • Meet with a counselor or special program counselor at least once per semester and once more before their spring registration appointment to make sure they are accomplishing the academic/career/transfer goals

The Anaheim Pledge also works with UC Irvine and Cal State Fullerton to transfer students to these four-year institutions after completion of course-work at Fullerton College.


For more information, email Pledge@fullcoll.edu

Deniz Fierro, M.Ed.
Special Project Director, Anaheim Pledge
Counseling Division
Phone 714.992.7189

Peggy Card-Govela, M.S.
Fullerton College Counseling

Are you an Anaheim Pledge student? Would you like to receive updates?

2 + 1 =

Dual Enrollment

High school students can earn college credit by enrolling in one or more courses offered by Fullerton College in partnership with schools at Anaheim Union High School District, Brea-Olinda Unified High School District, Fullerton Joint Union High School District and Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District. Dual enrollment course offerings vary by school district. Students who enroll and complete a dual enrollment course gain access to priority registration and resources and support services available to all Fullerton College students. Learn more about dual enrollment in the 2016-17 Annual Report.

Special Admit

Fullerton College offers students enrolled in K-12 the opportunity to enroll in advanced scholastic or vocational work as Special Admit Students. Enrollment must be for “advanced scholastic or vocational work” and NOT for pre-college level math, English and reading courses offered by local high schools. Learn more about Special Admit requirements and forms at the Admissions and Records website.