Welcome to Fullerton College!
Whether you are a new or a returning student at Fullerton College, we are so pleased that you are a member of our campus community. Fullerton College has a proud history of student success and our students receive strong support from our “radically student-centered” faculty and staff. It is our privilege to serve you.
We invite you to explore our Fullerton College website for complete information about admissions and enrollment, transfer and program requirements, course descriptions, and student policies. You’ll also find information about the college’s student services including counseling, financial aid, library, academic support, tutoring, adaptive services, transfer center, career planning, and career services. We hope you will take a moment to familiarize yourself with all that Fullerton College has to offer you and make an appointment with one of our college counselors to discuss your interests and educational goals.
Each of us at Fullerton College looks forward to making your experience here both enjoyable and rewarding, and I look forward to meeting you someday. Welcome to Fullerton College!
Gilbert J. Contreras, Ph.D.
Sign up for the President’s Weekly e-newsletter and get news directly from the president. To submit info to include in the Weekly, email Lisa McPheron at email@example.com or call her at 714-992-7013.
MEET THE STAFF
Goal 1: Promote Success for Every Student
Fullerton College will prepare students for success through the development and support of exemplary programs and services.
Objective 1: Create a clear pathway for every student
Objective 2: Enhance workforce training opportunities
Objective 3: Improve student critical thinking skills
Objective 4: Increase completion of courses, certificate and degree programs, and transfer-readiness
Objective 5: Encourage completion of degrees for students enrolled in Career Technical programs
Goal 2: Cultivate a Culture of Equity
Fullerton College will strengthen and support a diverse and inclusive campus culture.
Objective 1: Remove institutional barriers to student equity and success
Objective 2: Increase equity in hiring and training
Objective 3: Increase outreach to and recruitment of students from underserved populations
Objective 4: Foster a sense of belonging where all are welcome and student basic needs are addressed
Goal 3: Strengthen Connections with Our Community
Fullerton College will develop and strengthen collaborative projects and partnerships with educational institutions, civic organizations, and businesses in North Orange County and beyond.
Objective 1: Create and expand partnerships with local K-12 and higher education institutions
Objective 2: Create and expand relationships with local businesses and civic organizations
Objective 3: Be a cultural hub for the local community
Goal 4: Commit to Accountability and Continuous Quality Improvement
Fullerton College will continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness to ensure delivery of high quality instructional and support programs.
Objective 1: Promote transparency in the shared governance structure and decision-making processes
Objective 2: Ensure financial, physical, and technological resources are available to maintain necessary services and programs
Objective 3: Provide professional and career development opportunities for students, faculty and staff
PROMOTE AND ENHANCE THE FULLERTON COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
- Foster and strengthen a campus culture that is radically student-centered
- Work as a campus to provide a just, equitable, inclusive educational experience
- Implement the Anaheim Pledge and develop the Fullerton Education Partnership
- Promote a campus climate of respect, civility and kindness
- Support the leadership development of students, faculty and staff
INCREASE STUDENT SUCCESS AND STUDENT EQUITY
- Make progress each year towards eliminating the achievement gap
- Increase the college-wide rates for transfer, associate degree and certificate completion
- Work as a campus community to be the top community college in transfer and educational goal completion
STRENGTHEN PLANNING, RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND ALLOCATION
- Develop, complete and implement a campus Guided Pathways plan
- Complete accreditation 18 month follow-up report and maintain our successful accreditation status
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen our organizational structure
- Work with our campus to set and achieve appropriate FTES targets in accordance with district-wide planning and available resources
- Support the growth and fiscal viability of the Fullerton College Foundation
- Make timely progress on planning and construction objectives per our Campus Facilities Master Plan
- Complete the Sherbeck Field environment impact review process with campus and community input
FOSTER COLLABORATION AND PARTNERSHIPS
- Develop and strengthen processes and infrastructure for dual enrollment, the Anaheim Pledge and Guided Pathways
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement in our planning and governance structures to support student learning and support
- Strengthen partnerships with business and community to promote a strong workforce and successful career outcomes for our students
President’s Open Forum
Information on President’s Spring 2022 Open Forums and President’s Open Office Hours are available on the Fullerton College News Center.
If you have a question or concern you would like to share with the president before an open forum, email Jean Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Office of the President.
Fullerton College advances student learning and achievement by developing flexible pathways for students from our diverse communities who seek educational and career growth, certificates, associate degrees, and transfer. We foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students to be successful learners, responsible leaders, and engaged community members.
Fullerton College will transform lives and inspire positive change in the world.
Community – We promote a sense of community that enhances the well-being of our campus and surrounding areas.
Diversity – We embrace and value the diversity of our entire community.
Equity – We commit to equity for all we serve.
Excellence – We honor and build upon our tradition of excellence.
Growth – We expect everyone to continue growing and learning.
Inclusivity – We support the involvement of all in the decision-making process.
Innovation – We support innovation in teaching and learning.
Integrity – We act in accordance with personal integrity and high ethical standards.
Partnership – We work together with our educational and community partners.
Respect – We support an environment of mutual respect and trust that embraces the individuality of all.
Responsibility – We accept our responsibility for the betterment of the world around us.
Statement of Ethics
As representatives of Fullerton College, we all share the responsibility to conduct ourselves with integrity, and to act in a fair, consistent, and equitable manner. We recognize the need for openness and reliability in what we say and do. We are committed to addressing issues in a forthright and professional manner, and to engaging people without prejudice. As members of an educational community, we are committed to excellence in all that we do, and to adhering to the principles of ethical behavior established in this statement.
The conduct of each member of Fullerton College is expected to be consistent with and to comply with the principles contained in this statement. All members of the campus community are expected to engage in the following:
- Trustworthy conduct — including dependability, loyalty, and honesty in communications and actions.
- Respectful behavior — treating everyone with civility, courtesy, tolerance, and acceptance, and recognizing the worth, dignity and unique characteristics of each individual.
- Accountability — taking personal responsibility for one’s own actions and decisions.
- Fair and just actions — utilizing equitable processes in decision making.
- Compassion — caring for others, both within and apart from the campus community, and providing services to others in a manner that reflects our commitment to them and to their well being.